Tuesday, May 4, 2010


I really like Habermas’s work. Really I don´t admire his theory, but I think that is interesting to make different critics or sometimes be agree in some points.
He is a sociologist and philosopher from Germany, who born in 1929. Also, he studied psychology, history, economy and literature. His work is based on the historic materialism reconstruction. So is an interesting answer for some problems of the Marx’s theory, specifically about the distance of the technical progress and the human emancipation: he tries to make a hypothesis about the growing social domination despite de technological innovations. In this way, he introduces another dimension to the praxis: symbolic interaction
I like Habermas’s work, because is a complete attempt to enlarge the most important modern theory about society: the historic materialism. For this, he star with an analysis of the social action, and introduce a new concept: the communicative action.
But I think that sometimes his approach is distance to the origin with his communicative action theory. There, this author constructs his ideas based in languages studies. So, is easy to confuse what is the connection with his critic to the historical materialism.

4 comments:

  1. also, he isn't so handsome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Habermas work is an interesent revision of Marx and Weber theory. I'm not completely agree with his society theory, but it is an interesting work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not read to Habermas, I am ignorant. But I recognized that is very important in the social works in the actually. He is popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!
    I don´t know Habermas´s work, but I found it amazing, he seems interesting.
    See you

    ReplyDelete