Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Hello guys! Today I’m going to write about environmental friendly practices. Actually, I’m not too active in this issue: I don’t ride a bicycle but I prefer to take a bus to use the car (well I don’t have car, so I HAVE to take a bus XD), Indeed I really think that people should use the public transport instead of particular cars, the pollution will be reduce in almost a 70% if all the people use buses instead of cars.

Also I don’t separate the garbage in my house, but when I see specific trash cans I try to. Yes, I’m a little bit lazy with these topics. However, I think that this is an important problem, so I want to incorporate some enviroment friendly practices, such as using carefully the water and the electricity: it’s so easy and is a good way to help the planet.

Also, with some friends we are working with an eco-organisation MODEMA. This group works in Punta de Choros, and some time ago they won the conflict about the installation of a dam plant in this place. This could be really harmful not only to the penguins and all the marine animals that live there, but for the people who work in the sea, like fishers and man who work with their boats, too.

In these cases I think that we -as normal persons- can`t do much about it, I mean, yes, we can say “don`t throw it to the ground, throw it out!”, “use a cycle” or “turn off the electric equipments”, but are the major company the ones who destroy our environment by the garbage that they produce and throw to the soil, the only solution it’s creating an effective law that protects the environment and the people who uses those spaces.

1 comment:

  1. Good Cata but I don't know why you uploaded your post one after?? please remind me!!

    ReplyDelete